1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Novice from NJ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ccsiszer, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ccsiszer

ccsiszer New Egg

Jan 14, 2016
    Hi fellow chicken enthusiasts,

I just joined the site and am so excited to learn all I can from those who have don't it all before.

I've been scoping out plans for tractors and learning about the breeds. What I'm really unsure of is how to find a local farm that sells chicks.

I'm living in NJ and brand new to the whole endeavor. Finally bought a house with some land and really excited to get my first flock started this spring. But there is so much to learn!

2. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer Premium Member

Hello and [​IMG]
    We are glad you joined us!

Have you looked at the learning center articles? They have some great info. in there all about chickens I'm sure you would enjoy! [​IMG]

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest typing New Jersey in the blue Search box at the top of the page and posting on the New Jersey threads there. Hopefully someone in your area can help you locate some farms that sell chicks. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. ccsiszer

ccsiszer New Egg

Jan 14, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome! Thanks for the advice and I"ll be sure to check out the learning center articles. So nice to have a community like this.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by