A Novice from NJ

ccsiszer

Hatching
Jan 14, 2016
Hi fellow chicken enthusiasts,

I just joined the site and am so excited to learn all I can from those who have don't it all before.

I've been scoping out plans for tractors and learning about the breeds. What I'm really unsure of is how to find a local farm that sells chicks.

I'm living in NJ and brand new to the whole endeavor. Finally bought a house with some land and really excited to get my first flock started this spring. But there is so much to learn!

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We are glad you joined us!

Have you looked at the learning center articles? They have some great info. in there all about chickens I'm sure you would enjoy!
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest typing New Jersey in the blue Search box at the top of the page and posting on the New Jersey threads there. Hopefully someone in your area can help you locate some farms that sell chicks. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome! Thanks for the advice and I"ll be sure to check out the learning center articles. So nice to have a community like this.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom