A Pekin Bantam Fancier =)

nekowashu

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
Hello! I'm Washu, from Elgin, IL. (28) and new to not only this forum but chickens in general. I've spent some time (past year) looking at chicken sites and reading and learning about them. I fell in love with the little round Pekin Bantams! So adorable and sweet! I would love to have a few of my own someday. Right now the city restricts chickens and labels them livestock. I would like to keep 10 hens and a cock, I think. Plenty of fresh eggs and extra to share. I am quite partial to the partidge coloring as well as buff. I am looking for roomy, but cozy, coop designs to inspire my own. I have a few ideas I'd be happy to share if anyone is interested in talking coops.
big_smile.png

Right now I do a lot of gardening. I keep cockatiels, society finches, dwarf gourami fish, and spoiled kitties. I would love pembroke corgis someday, but not until we get that perfect homestead so they have lots of room to safely run around. Even small dogs like big yards.
smile.png
On that note, I love the idea of living self-suffiently and close to nature. I was raised in the city but I have deep country roots. My neighbors come to me for fresh vegetables and gardening advice. (but I'm still learning!) And I'm slowly turning my yard into a little piece of paradise.

On a more personal note, I also love painting and drawing, anime, video games and collecting model horses and custom dolls. I can't live without music! I'm spiritual but not religious. I don't like sports or politics.
smile.png
I think that's more than most of you care to know, so I'll leave the rest.

I love meeting new people and talking "dirt," and on the latest "cackle!"
lol.png

Last edited:
Neko is japanese for cat, and Washu is native american and closest I can find it means either "grey feather" or "white man." But tis my name none the less. Being a fan of japanese animation (anime) I most often use "nekowashu" on forums. I like catgirls. XD

nekowashu = cat Washu .... un nya~
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom