A photo thread of my chooks!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by maddogdodge, Oct 5, 2014.

1. maddogdodge

maddogdodge Songster

Apr 27, 2014
    Australia
    I dunno if people will care about this or not, but I decided to make a thread to share pics of my chooks. So for those who want to see my chooks, enjoy [​IMG] I really enjoy taking photos of my chooks, so I might update this thread every now and then (I won't post as many as this in one go though haha) [​IMG] I usually lower the quality of my pics a bit for faster upload, but most of them shouldn't be too bad. (Also, only some of my chooks have names, so yeah)

I'll start with the first hens I got at 7 weeks old, I don't know what breed they are, now they're 6 months old.

This is Legolas.
    [​IMG]

This little girl doesn't have a name, but she got attacked by a dog i was looking after when she was around 10 weeks old and survived. She's a fighter thats for sure! The pink stuff is antiseptic spray I put on her wounds, It still hasn't come off her lol.
    [​IMG]

This girl doesn't have a name either, she's a sister to the two above.
    [​IMG]

This is my beloved 'Mr. Roo' who was raised with the above girls [​IMG] I assume he's some kind of light sussex cross
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These girls came from a friend who couldn't keep them any more, they are about 1 year old. Gorgeous things, very dominant with the rest of the flock, but nice girls to me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're not all in these photos, but I have 14 ISA brown hens (Australian production layer hens) They're just over a year old and came from a free range chook farm... he gave them to me a little earlier than he usually lets his hens go because they were getting hen pecked for some reason.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 3 year old Australorp girl, she's got the most beautiful personality :)
    [​IMG]

One of my 3 Welsummer pullets now 21 weeks old with no sign of eggs yet... I'm eagerly waiting [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Welsummer number 2
    [​IMG]

Welsummer number 3... I actually suspect she's a Wellie crossed with a Barnevelder... she looked pure as a chick... not so much now though.
    [​IMG]

My 15 week old Australorp X Cochin, she has a couple of feathers on her feet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My 15 week old Australorp pullet.
    [​IMG]

15 week old Australian Araucana (pic taken at 10 weeks old)
    [​IMG]
    Here she is at 15 weeks.
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, my little ISA brown chick. Not sure of her exact age, she's a little younger than my other chicks.
    [​IMG]

2. maddogdodge

maddogdodge Songster

Apr 27, 2014
    Australia
    And just for the sake of it, here's some of the roosters i've had to re-home.

This boy was raised with Mr. Roo and my white hens.
    [​IMG]

This boy was raised with that lot too, I really really wanted to keep this boy, but he became really aggressive towards me at around 4 months old, so he just had to go.
    [​IMG]

My Welsummer Roo who was supposed to be a pullet, he was gorgeous, I would have loved to keep him for breeding, but i'm just not set up for keeping 2 rooster separate at the moment.
    [​IMG]

Australian Araucana rooster who was also supposed to be a pullet.
    [​IMG]

And an Australorp rooster who was also supposed to be a pullet :p
    [​IMG]

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Crowing

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Great bunch of chickens. I especially like the close up photo of Mr. Roo.

4. maddogdodge

maddogdodge Songster

Apr 27, 2014
    Australia
    Thank you [​IMG]

5. maddogdodge

maddogdodge Songster

Apr 27, 2014
    Australia
    I lost my Australorp X Cochin chick and my pure Australorp chick to a mystery illness last week [​IMG] So no more photos of them...

ISA chick now 17 weeks old
    [​IMG]

Araucana chick now 17 weeks old
    [​IMG]

I thought this was a cool shot, I like how perfectly circle the ring of black is.
    [​IMG]

Mr. Roo with some of his girls in the background.
    [​IMG]

Mr. Roo letting the neighbours rooster know that he rules these lands!
    [​IMG]

One of my Welsummer pullets.
    [​IMG]

6. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Crowing

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop

7. maddogdodge

maddogdodge Songster

Apr 27, 2014
    Australia