A photo thread of my chooks!

maddogdodge

Songster
6 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Australia
I dunno if people will care about this or not, but I decided to make a thread to share pics of my chooks. So for those who want to see my chooks, enjoy
big_smile.png
I really enjoy taking photos of my chooks, so I might update this thread every now and then (I won't post as many as this in one go though haha)
smile.png
I usually lower the quality of my pics a bit for faster upload, but most of them shouldn't be too bad. (Also, only some of my chooks have names, so yeah)

I'll start with the first hens I got at 7 weeks old, I don't know what breed they are, now they're 6 months old.

This is Legolas.

This little girl doesn't have a name, but she got attacked by a dog i was looking after when she was around 10 weeks old and survived. She's a fighter thats for sure! The pink stuff is antiseptic spray I put on her wounds, It still hasn't come off her lol.

This girl doesn't have a name either, she's a sister to the two above.

This is my beloved 'Mr. Roo' who was raised with the above girls
smile.png
I assume he's some kind of light sussex cross

These girls came from a friend who couldn't keep them any more, they are about 1 year old. Gorgeous things, very dominant with the rest of the flock, but nice girls to me.

They're not all in these photos, but I have 14 ISA brown hens (Australian production layer hens) They're just over a year old and came from a free range chook farm... he gave them to me a little earlier than he usually lets his hens go because they were getting hen pecked for some reason.

My 3 year old Australorp girl, she's got the most beautiful personality :)

One of my 3 Welsummer pullets now 21 weeks old with no sign of eggs yet... I'm eagerly waiting
big_smile.png

Welsummer number 2

Welsummer number 3... I actually suspect she's a Wellie crossed with a Barnevelder... she looked pure as a chick... not so much now though.

My 15 week old Australorp X Cochin, she has a couple of feathers on her feet.

My 15 week old Australorp pullet.

15 week old Australian Araucana (pic taken at 10 weeks old)

Here she is at 15 weeks.

And last but not least, my little ISA brown chick. Not sure of her exact age, she's a little younger than my other chicks.

And just for the sake of it, here's some of the roosters i've had to re-home.

This boy was raised with Mr. Roo and my white hens.

This boy was raised with that lot too, I really really wanted to keep this boy, but he became really aggressive towards me at around 4 months old, so he just had to go.

My Welsummer Roo who was supposed to be a pullet, he was gorgeous, I would have loved to keep him for breeding, but i'm just not set up for keeping 2 rooster separate at the moment.

Australian Araucana rooster who was also supposed to be a pullet.

And an Australorp rooster who was also supposed to be a pullet :p

I lost my Australorp X Cochin chick and my pure Australorp chick to a mystery illness last week
sad.png
So no more photos of them...

ISA chick now 17 weeks old

Araucana chick now 17 weeks old

I thought this was a cool shot, I like how perfectly circle the ring of black is.

Mr. Roo with some of his girls in the background.

Mr. Roo letting the neighbours rooster know that he rules these lands!

One of my Welsummer pullets.

Back
Top Bottom