A "pretty" run?

Mine is looking rough and I'm going to do some plantings around it, in fact I gatthered up some perennials from the rest of the yard today- heritage day lilies(orange), spearmint, chickory fern, Bethlehem Star. I plan to add others as I go, mainly things I can pick and share with the hens. There will be leafy greens and some cabbage, kale, pumpkin and squash nearby.
cool.png

Quote:
LOL! She loves them, but not enough to let them poop in her house.

It's coming along, the coop is up, mostly painted and the vinyl floor is curing.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of my run from today. I just dug out a garden patch and a compost bin. I saved the sod and placed it in the run to give the grass a fighting chance when the chicks are old enough to get out there. I planted clover and grass seed in the rest of it. It'll have a month or so to grow before the chicks attack.

I'm planning to go out in the nearby field and grab some more sod once they eat this down as an occasional treat
smile.png

Yardwsodpartialfence.jpg

Yardwfence1.jpg

The fence doesn't go completely around yet.. I bought the store out of what they had!! It will also have a mesh top to keep the hawks out.

Yeah. I'm going to line the bottom foot or two with chicken wire that will drape into the dirt to discourage digging. I wanted something sturdy since we're in the woods and there are lots of hungry animals around.

I had the same thought when we designed my coop and run. We do lots of entertaining in the back yard and since my neighbor on the side where the chickens are doesn't have privacy fencing, I wanted it to not be an eyesore to everyone. I am happy with my coop and run, it blends nicely with the rest of the yard:

6614_100_2646.jpg

6614_100_2645.jpg

Back
Top Bottom