A public apology

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by foweler, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foweler

foweler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I would like to apologize for appearing to incite trouble on this forum with my post pertaining to HR 1388.

I was angry upon realizing what this could mean and I allowed that to color my tone.

I was not trying to troll, only to inform anyone who might not have been aware so they could research it themselves.

The link I posted was the wrong one and while the right one is on the google page right next to to one I posted, the one showing congress debating the issue, I wont provide it.

This also had nothing to do with a conservative attack on our President. I have as much respect for this one as I did for the last one in that I respect the office, not the man. I am not a conservative nor a liberal as I believe if you fit too neatly into a cast you must be doing something wrong. People can't be condensed into an ideology. My only concern is freedom.

I have nothing against young people helping others and I have nothing against an agency such as FEMA helping people during an emergency. I only have trouble with the danger such things could pose to freedom under certain conditions.

I name FEMA because FEMA is becoming a very powerful entity and I believe we should be aware of how powerful an entity might be getting.
    Readiness Exercise 1984 was conducted by the Reagan administration (who I didn't vote for) and FEMA was one of the main bodies participating. This program has been maintained and grown by every administration since. It gained a lot of ground during the Bush administration in the name of homeland defense.

Google REX84 and see for yourself.

I hope I am wrong and everything is getting better and not worse. I hope we are not in the middle of the greatest deception in history (by both sides, deceit is non-partisan).

Time will tell.

Please, I don't wish for anyone to fight about this. Let it pass if you will, or look into it a little if your curious.

2. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    [​IMG]

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I don't know if I saw the other post or not, but: [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Your apology has been noted by the Staff.

Remember, BYC is the best place on the Internet to talk chickens, but it isn't always the best place on the Internet to talk politics. [​IMG] We like to remember what brings us together, rather than what divides us. That's what makes us such an awesome community, where everyone can feel and be welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by