A public service message from this moderator

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by kstaven, Mar 9, 2008.

1. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    BYC has been growing at a tremendous rate lately and with it comes many new faces and personalities. The diversity and depth of knowledge of this board is staggering.

Along with this we have a very diverse age range on this board. Many teen and preteen members are on here regularly. What I would ask, is that members are conscious of this fact before hitting the submit button on their posts. I have done it myself on boards, replying to a post before thinking that there are many young ones who will read the post. Taking that extra second to reread our replies helps keep us a family friendly forum.

Thank you

Now lets get back to chicken chat!!!!!!

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    [​IMG]

3. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    great way to put it [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks kstaven for the reminder!

BYC was established to be accessible by as many people as possible to provide a friendly and safe place for people to learn from and teach one another.

I'm constantly impressed by the manner in which our members conduct themselves to keep BYC the safest, nicest, fastest growing and overall best chicken community in the world!

Keep up the great work everyone and keep a lookout for new chicken owners that need a helping hand!

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Great reminder there, thanks! We love our younger members!!! [​IMG]

6. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    Quote:lol [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    BYC is one of the only sites I allow my son unsupervised access to. I know it
    is safe for him to read and I know that the members and mods keep an eye
    on him too.

P.S. Scrambled Egg, he loved your racing post, especially the pictures. [​IMG]

8. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    I'll be careful! [​IMG]

9. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Keeping it kid friendly should help keep it off the radar of alot of site blocking software at schools and businesses. It is always nice for educational sites like this one to be accessible at schools. If it stays rated G enough some teachers may even decide to use it in classroom exercises. That would be good for the site as well as contributing to education of how great raising chickens can be. These school age children are going to grow up to vote and some will be on city councils. We want them to grow up pro city chicken.

10. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Quote:But, we keep a MUCH closer eye on you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by