a question and an observation

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
I let the ducks chow down before bed and then put them in for the night with their water. They are ducks, they poop a lot. DH thinks they poop this much overnight because they have water and they eat before bed. I said, don't care, I'd rather them poop a lot and be quiet until I'm ready to let them out then to hear them yelling to the neighborhood how evil we are that they didn't get let out and fed at the butt crack of dawn.
I also said as soon as they are out of the hut, they poop and their last food was 13+ hours ago, so I think they just poop.

So, do they poop more overnight if they ate before hand?

Observation of the day.
Noisy girls!
Let them out in the morning and they quack quack quack until they get food. They want something, they quack. Loudly.
So I let them out this morning, got them food and took their pics flying down the steps into the yard. They ate, they drank, they found stuff in the yard. I come back inside and sit down.
Then hear quack quack knock quack quack knock-knock QUACK QUACK. They are standing at the back door quacking at the door and knocking on the slider.
Ok, they want something... what? I decided they wanted clean water for a bath as they didn't think their pool was clean enough for the job. So I turned on the hose and sprayed them and filled up a big water dish to tide them over until I changed the water in the pool.
Yep, that was it. As soon as they got sprayed and then bathed in the big dish, they were quiet (well, duck quiet) again.
Crazy ducks.

i think they will poop around the clock and what they do at night will be what they ate during the day. They are just generally messy unfortunately but their ability to communicate and demand make them fun and enjoyable...

Looks like they have got you sorted...
lau.gif

If you watch them through the day, no matter where they are, they will poop what seems like every minute and a half. now think how much fertilizer you could save...

Actually, not crazy ducks. I think very smart ducks. They have you trained.
lol.png
Simple fact of life- tell your husband ducks poop a lot!

Mine poop a lot overnight without food or water.
I used to keep water in their house but it sure was messy. I finally decided they could go all night without it. Their house is cleaner and its probably healthier for them. If I had a nice big shed for them maybe it would be possible to set up an area with a place for the water to drain so they could have it overnight.

Back
Top Bottom