A Question for Boyd and the rest of you Foster Parents.

Quote:
They did do all that here with the home inspection, and at the end asked I clean up some smudgey fingerprints on a door. Still that was 5 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting, why? because they are making me take sanitation classes because we have "livestock'. Nevermind that as teachers hubby & I have already been cleared to work with children, or that we're both home all summer to provide care, the chickens are an issue.
roll.png

the agency we were with went out of business and another one took over. We were asked to stay on mainly for "respite" care saying they still needed people. (we had already adopted so really didn't have a lot of interest to continue fostering) but told them we would if it was on a short term/relief basis for kids needing a break from their current home or weekend type stuff. Well, they came out to update their home study and get our license current...no big deal, but took a water sample (which our first agency never did). We never drink our water anyway....buy bottled (we have a well and don't like the taste but other than that there is nothing wrong with it) but after the fact they casually mentioned that we would be getting a bill for the water test from the health dept. That kind of ticked me off. (I mean we were doing them a favor). Then we had just set up a little intex pool (like 3ft deep maybe and 12ft across) with a ladder you just set in it to get in and out...PAID a water truck something like $80 to come and fill it since we have very hard well water and didn't want to burn our pump out. Then less than a week later had the agency call asking us to do respite care for 2 days and told us we needed to drain the pool just while the child was here. (Taking the ladder out and supervision would have prevented the child from getting anywhere near it) so we kind of dropped the idea all together about keeping our license current...they just seemed to be getting a lot more ridiculous of their demands to me. A shame though...I wouldn't have minded helping them out. Just didn't want to jump thru hoops any more.

Wow. I guess i'm lucky! My agency is real easy to work for. They DO do the yearly house inspection. But tis nothing..Saddina, if they told me to wash fingerprints off a door I'd have told them to exit through said door!
smack.gif
And i'd go elsewhere. As for animals/chickens, all my company is really concerned about is keeping the animals ( only dogs/cats) up on rabies shots..they NEVER said anything else about all my other animals.
hu.gif

Last edited:
our inspection was a joke, but the very 1st time they did open the fridge and check the temp of my water heater settings etc. They were fine with that stuff, and showed me what setting the water heater needed to be at the next time somebody asked what the temp was
tongue.png

Boyd & I got a good laugh off the "smudgy fingerprints" being an issue, really how often do you look at a door for fingerprints?

if they don't find something, they'll nitpick like Saddi's fingerprints... Sheesh!!!!! I have noseprints on all my doors and a couple windows from my big baby of a dog,
smile.png

Hey Guys,
I'm back from Vacation, and Hubby and I are going to be working our butts off this week to give the house some major organization, also we are turning the Guest bedroom back into a nursery (We have a covertable Crib that has been set up as a double bed, that we are turning back into a crib, and bringing in the nursery/crib set, and decorations) I'm on the hunt for a Dresser/Changing table (No closet in the guest bedroom) then I think we will be set until we get liscenced. So I hope to be able to give the director a call to have her come over and do the one on one Orientation, early next week.

Any Advice for getting the house ready? I know the orientation won't be a big deal, but I want to make a good first impression.

yay!!!!! We are enablers!!!!! I would put all the chemicals under the sink up, or get a childproof lock for it, make sure your waterheater is set to medium, and make sure you have some gates... not nessary for inspection but trust me, when they start wanderin they are a blessing.....

Till they learn to climb
hide.gif

Good luck, anything else, and the director will let you know what you need to do!

Just put the chemicals up at adult level. Those child proof things are easily defeated. Don't forget the outlet plugs. Once again easily defeated but the social worker will notice.

I want to thank you for asking a question I didn't even know I had.

We've been TTC since January of last year, and I recently got diagnosed with PCOS. It isn't looking so great for us to be able to have kids on our own right now.

We're 27/29 (I'm the older of the two of us) and have more debt than we should. But I've wondered about adopting/fostering. This thread has brought up some great things, and I've just now asked my husband to consider being a foster parent.

Again, Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom