A rabbit and our chickens!

Nat123

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 20, 2010
Home Sweet Home
In the morning yesterday as my husband went into the backyard to let the chickens out, he saw the rabbit that was in our backyard for a short visit the other day before, has come back. It's a wild fluffy grey big rabbit that just got busy digging burrow in our backyard where the chickens love to dust bath. Appearantly the rabbit got busy already when the chickens were not even out yet. I don't know the reason why it picked our backyard, maybe it's because of the chickens!It obviously love eating the chicken feed!
tongue.png

Here is a video of it when it was digging the burrow with a couple of our chickens checked to see what it was doing
big_smile.png

It came back again this morning, so I guess it found its new home
lol.png
I call it "it" because I don't know if it's a male or female.

That's a domestic rabbit and based on the large dewlap under her chin, I'm going to say it's a female. Congratulations on your new pet!

Thank you for the responses!
My husband thought it's domesticated also, but wasn't sure what breed it is. At first we thought it could be an American breed as we only saw the pic on one site that looks like the one we have in the backyard. We're thinking on keeping it. So it's a she and a Flemish Giant?

70191_p1030849.jpg

70191_p1030854.jpg

Aw, poor thing, she's trying so hard to make herself a nice, safe burrow to hide in. I'll add my vote that you keep her! That's what would happen at my house, of course. And yes, I'd get her installed in a comfy pen or hutch before something else makes dinner out of her. She's a pretty bun. Off you go to the feed store for some rabbit pellets and some hay!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom