A rabbit?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by cmcgoun, Jun 19, 2008.

1. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

I caught a rabbit in a trap that destroyed my veggie garden that I worked on, what should I do with it. I would love to kill it since it destroyed all my hard work, but maybe something else would work? What do you guys think

2. First To Hatch

First To Hatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    New York
    I think you should grill some rabbit and chicken. Tastes really good.

3. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Rabbit is really yummy, but I have heard that they have "wools" in the summer....kind of like worms I think...

4. bills

bills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    vancouver island
    They sure can reek havoc on a garden! Since you know it is well fed, it should be pretty tasty.

Some wild rabbits are pretty tough and stringy when grilled. I suppose if you marinate it first it might be ok. I think rabbit stew, along with any vegetables that survived, would be a fitting end..[​IMG]

5. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    I was always taught that you can only eat rabbit if it was killed in a month with an "R" in it. Therefore May thru August NO. They get parasites. Cold weather evidently kills the parasites.

6. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

I dispatched it with my powerful pellet rifle it was a quick painless death, then I gave it to one of my friends who hunts a lot since I didnt know how to skin it or anything! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by