A real valid reason for employers to .......

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
make sure you take your kids to school before they hire you??????????

Here is the paragraph from the newsletter. I fell out of my chair reading that. Can they REALLY do that?

Now is the time to establish a record of responsibility. Note that all tardiness and absences are reported on report cards/transcripts. Many times, employers will ask for a copy of a student's transcript before hiring in order to verify an employee's work ethic and time management.

Why should it be the employer's problem? I don't think they CARE what you do with your family or what you do with your time with your kids AFTER hours. I thought they really go after your credits, your resume, references and work history.

Jeez, that to me, is a bit too far!

Last edited:
They have been doing that for years...we do it when hiring new starts to see if they have been reliable in showing up for obligations.
smile.png

Yeah, thats bad for us. No matter how hard I try, DS is always running late. If I get him up 15 minutes early, we are still a few minutes late. I am on time, its him I wait for. And what about the kids that drive themselves to school? How is that the parents fault if they stop and get a biscuit at chick filit and make themselves late?

Quote:
This is the way I read it. They are not checking uo on the parent but the child. Do you have further information you're not telling us that says they are checking up on the parent?

This is the way I read it. They are not checking uo on the parent but the child. Do you have further information you're not telling us that says they are checking up on the parent?

My kids needed work permits to get jobs and the permits were issued by the school. One of the things the school takes into consideration is absences.. I can't imagine an employer would want my child's school records if I was applying for a job. If so, makes me glad I'm self-employed. 2 of my 3 kids have perfect attendance this year (the third was hospitalized) so we would pass...but that is NONE of their business!

The potential employer is checking the job applicant's tardiness history, not the parents.

If a kid is late to school every day, what are the odds, he/she'll bother to show up to a job on time?

If they got Cs and Ds, will they be an awesome employee? Odds are not in their favor. Some jobs prefer that person. Because you do not have to pay them much. "You get what you pay for".

If they prove they are good workers, they will move up. If not...

Last edited:
It is my opinion that this is just a variation on the old "PERMANENT RECORD" scare tactic that school administrators have been using forever. Y'all remember that one, "This will go on your permanent record and follow you around for the rest of your life!"

Sidebar:

About 20 years ago OldGal and I were called to school to discuss some minor infraction that my stepson had allegedly committed and the assistant principal actually had the gall to try using that one on us. Since I'm by nature an old windmill tilter from way back the following conversation ensued:

Quote:

I let her off the hook. I'm not sure why.
yesss.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom