A Sad Sunday

Bollmash

Chirping
Jan 24, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Saturday night was the chickens first night outside in the coop. Everything was prepared, they were happy and getting along fine outside. Sunday morning, only one of my poor babies remained. Something found it’s way in to the coop and killed my poor babies. I feel so guilty. I’ll be taking a break from BYC for a while or until I get my broilers in the fall. Thank you all for all the advice you’ve given me in helping raise my babies.
(I’ve attached a photo of some pronts I found in the mud near the coop.)

Attachments

• 324750E7-A03F-413D-BB0B-3C49730A8CD7.jpeg
    324750E7-A03F-413D-BB0B-3C49730A8CD7.jpeg
    933 KB · Views: 32
So sorry to hear! Believe me, I've been there too more than once. It's always disheartening and sometimes it has even made me go chickenless for a few months, but I always come back. Remember that there are many more good times with chickens than bad ones, even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it. :(

I have my first ducks in almost 20 years after raccoons got three of my four duckies. Still pretty sure Jeepers died of loneliness. I'm am so sorry for your loss.

Something found it’s way in to the coop and killed my poor babies.

In addition to the photo of the paw prints, can you share a photo of the coop? Curious to see what you have that a predator of any type was able to enter after dark.

(No judgement........trying to be helpful so you can beef up security to prevent this again in the future.)

Back
Top Bottom