A single chick - poor guy. How can I keep it alive?

deniz

Hatching
Jul 3, 2021
Hey friends! Posting from Turkey, I have no idea how I found this forum.

My little sister bought a purple-colored chick yesterday. I don't know how the chick is purple. I suspect that they injected the coloring matter into the egg.

We live in an apartment, so we don't have any equipment related to chickens. The only thing I could find was a big box. I've put A4 papers to bottom of the box, and cut a plastic bottle where I put some water.

I also, seperate from the drinking water, boil water and put it on a plastic bag, and cover it with cloth. The chick sleeps leaning on it.

I feel very sad for it. It is alone and unnaturally colored. Is there anything else I can do? Should I try to remove the paint on its feathers?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Is it possible to get another chick? Since you live in an apartment do you have plans for when it’s older? Good luck with your chick and I hope (s)he stays happy and healthy!
I think we are able to do that, however, I hate buying animals. They are not products. Supporting the market by buying animals only lead more sufferings towards them. Why did you ask?
One of my relatives has a farm. I think the farm will be a good place for it once it grows up.
Thank you for your good wishes!
Good luck with your little chick! Let us know how he gets on.
I will my friend, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom