A square egg **sigh** some people make you want to shake your head

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I was at work the other night and one of my co-workers and I were talking about chickens. Another co-worker walked up and was listening in on the conversation no problem... until...she came out with this...
th.gif

She claims when she was a little girl her daddy used to have a cube shaped thing that he used to take out to the coop and hold it under the chickens butt and as soon as the chicken laid (because the chicken was trained to lay on command ya know) well anyway daddy used to catch the egg in this cube shaped thing and as the egg started to harden it would form into the cube shape and they had square eggs.
th.gif
idunno.gif

I tried very nicely to explain that the egg was already hard when it came out of the chicken but she was quite persistent that her daddys chickens laid eggs that the shell was soft and it hardened with contact with the air.

I just shook my head and said wow that was some rare breed of chicken and walked away.

this was a nurse who told this wonderful story
hu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I am an RN and I work with nurses on a regular basis. If a nurse thinks s/he knows something, don't try to tell them otherwise.
wink.png

I had an LPN at work who argued with me that fertilized eggs could develop in the fridge and that her dad cracked many an egg into the frying pan with a fully developed chick inside!
Try as I might, I could not persuade her that fertile eggs, when collected daily and refrigerated will not develop.
Go figure.

That's hilarious! It was probably a joke her daddy played on her... teasing her with a white square block and telling her it was an egg. I can't think of any circumstance where that would actually happen, lol!

Although in Japan (I think) they are growing watermelons (and pumpkins too, I think) in a square mold so they are square (cube shaped) when mature. They say it makes for easier crating.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/east/06/15/square.watermelon/index.html

I can't believe anyone would pay that much for something just because it is square, though!

It's amazing what people come up with...
Finger nails grow still when cut off and put in water.?????
The tsunami was a us government conspiracy, Using large speakers under water.????
Hair will grow longer when cut often.????

These are just a few I have heard, and the person actually BELIEVES what they are saying.

Chronic liars, will actually believe their own lies to themselves. to justify their short comings ...lol
Take it for what it is ... ENTERTAINMENT ....LMAO

Thanks for sharing. These little stories brighten my day!

OOH OHH!!!

DO THE SQUARE EGG HAT SQUARE CHICKS?!

I so want some! LOL

that's almost as dumb, as my wifes mothers husband saying that turkies lay double yolked eggs
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom