A squat and a peek - MAYBE!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ceeceeholt, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Not only did Whitney squat, but I caught her peeking in the nesting boxes. Just sticking her head in and then pacing in front. We think she is about 21 weeks, they told us she was 15 when we got her, but what I've learned from this site, I doubt very much she was 15 weeks when we got her.
    What do you think, maybe an egg soon???? [​IMG] Her comb looks much redder then the pic is showing as do around her eyes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    I think she is close! [​IMG]

3. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Mine aren't squatting, that I've noticed, but they are going into the nest boxes and raising the devil. Throwing straw everywhere.

4. Txcat

Txcat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2011
    Hawley
    I feel your pain, lOL! I have a lil Americana been practicing all week. MY RIR roo even climbed in the ducks nest box to show her how, lOl it was too funny! She watched him for about 5 min, then climbed over him and scooted him out [​IMG] But alas, no eggs yet, although, she checks out all the nest boxes all day! [​IMG] . I'm beginning to think that my younger hens who are 2-4 weeks younger are gonna start before she does [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    it should be laying soon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by