A story to tell

Hi All, I am learning how to use this site so bare with me. Just wanted to share a true story with you.

I have a story to tell about a very neat R.I.Red hen and my mom. This was a few years back when my mom found out she was ill with a very rare illness that affects her lungs. She was fighting hard to be well. That is when God stepped in to cheer her up by bringing her "Miss Hennypenny" who lived next door with other hens. Hennypenny (mom named her) came to visit everyday to eat the bugs in moms garden. Mom would talk to her and sometimes feed her lettuce and such while she was there. We don't know how she got over the fence or maybe under it but she would find a way to visit. Soon, Hennypenny was at the patio door looking in waiting for mom to come out and visit. She even came inside when Dad left the door open! Mom had many wonderful visits with this hen while she was fighting to get a handle on this lung illness.
We don't know what ever happened to Hennypenny, after a new fence was put up due to the older one falling down, we didn't see her again, but mom did miss her. We do have one photo of mom feeding her by hand. Mom is still with me, many years later & now that I have chickens again, it reminds mom of her little red hen.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
That's a lovely story. Thanks for sharing!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from washington state glad you joined us!
beautiful story! that little hen new your mom needed a little extra attention!

Back
Top Bottom