A sunny hello from Taylor Co. FL - Big Bend area

NFlaGator

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 5, 2011
Greetings everyone.
I joined a local Meetup.com group about raising chickens a few weeks ago (January 2011), but it seems the leader of the group was MIA before I ever got there.
A young man at a Tally Tractor Supply Store said he learned a great deal from BYC and suggested I start here if I was really interested in raising chickens.
HERE I AM! I am so excited to find such a huge group and wealth of information about raising chickens.
I moved from the Tampa Bay area (a postage stamp sized yard) in 2005 to north rural Florida, (4+ acres).
My husband and I are also looking into hydroponics, so I am in learning mode on two fronts. My husband is a Mr. Fix it (of pretty much every discipline), and I work from home for a medical software R&D firm.
Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Teresa

Welcome! Welcome! Sounds like you are working on a great set up! You might want to check out The Easy Garden Forum, too. A few people are doing great things with hydroponics over there!

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the hello's.
Yes they have internet in Taylor Co., lol. I wouldn't have moved there otherwise (as I work from home via internet). I tell people I could live anywhere - but I gotta have internet. Actually considered Panama.

Back
Top Bottom