A thought for the 'coops' section

whitejerabias

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 6, 2011
I've been browsing coop designs and guys, my hats off to you. Y'all have some great coops. I was thinking it would be awesome if they could have a little common info at the top. Like how many chickens, whether layers or broilers; if plans are available, appx cost of project. I think a little fill-in-the-box (whatchamacallit) at the top would be beneficial to newbies browsing coop ideas.
Operating on far too little sleep so my post is not nearly as coherent as I'd like.
hide.gif

This is one of those trade off items that was found along the way. With an input format too regimented people can't personalize the way they want to and we get less input in sections like that from the members.

That makes sense, but could there be an option for just a small input form at the top? I love the individualize pages with the stories and pictures, but personally that would make searching much easier for me. Alternatively, at another forum I frequent the FSOT board has an optional template for listing for sale items. There is a sticky up top with the template and those that choose to use it just c&p it into their page. It is optional and not everyone uses it, but in the months since it went up the majority of users have caught on. IIRC it caught on pretty quickly and many people chose to go back and edit their pages to include it.

Just a thought, but either way I enjoy looking at all the coops.

That makes sense, but could there be an option for just a small input form at the top? I love the individualize pages with the stories and pictures, but personally that would make searching much easier for me. Alternatively, at another forum I frequent the FSOT board has an optional template for listing for sale items. There is a sticky up top with the template and those that choose to use it just c&p it into their page. It is optional and not everyone uses it, but in the months since it went up the majority of users have caught on. IIRC it caught on pretty quickly and many people chose to go back and edit their pages to include it.

Just a thought, but either way I enjoy looking at all the coops.

A suggested format post is much easier than integrating an input form. It also leaves things open to personalize. Good idea. Now just need to find some one to design it.

Back
Top Bottom