A Timely Reminder

DuckLady

Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
NE Washington State
Please remember that while your jokes and forwarded emails are funny, they may not be all-age appropriate.

Please consider this when posting. We have had to edit or remove several threads in recent days because they didn't fit with the family friendly theme we at BYC work so hard to maintain. Thanks for your understanding.

If there is a joke that offends you, Mahoroni, using the report button and reporting it, instead of issuing challenges is more productive and keeps credibility intact.

Upon receiving a report is when the staff investigates and determines if there is a problem.

I hope that helps explain things. Any other questions, you know where my PM box is.
smile.png

Hey everyone!

Please remember we moderate on the side of caution. There may be a lot of subjects / topics that would be okay among friends of the same age, but we have a lot of diversity in age and beliefs and we make it a priority to create an atmosphere where everyone can feel as comfortable as possible.

As Terrie mentioned, if anyone has questions or issues about how something is moderated or the rules of the forum they should be messaged in private to the moderators and not posted publicly.

Know that we love this forum and community and the reason it is as big and successful as it is, is because of the rules we have in place and the moderation thereof!

Cheers!

Quote:
This is so. I was in chat today for a couple of minutes, and was being my usual wise-a** self, joking and cracking wise. I learned that one of the chatters was a teenage girl - fortunately before I said something REALLY stupid or inappropriate.
Couldnt you just see Geraldo coming to my door with federal agents, over some inane thing I said in the chat room...
"Mr Davaroo? We've had reports that you were in a chat room today with a teen girl. Is that true? What did you mean when you said.....?"
Cue the cameras, handcuffs clicking shut.

Occasionally I take a chance with some mild little tidbit - but I dont get miffed when the mods do their thing. It took me a long time, but I learned why they do what they do.

Back
Top Bottom