A Topic That's Been Beat to Death.............but still......

Ma

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
Camanche, Iowa
Its my turn! I have waited and waited and still waited more, until I thought maybe our Roo was ga......um, confused.
roll.png

But alas! Today at the crack of dawn...................we had crowing! Real honest to goodness crowing! (Can a person be this excited about this event?!
lol.png
)

And this afternoon, more crowing! He must have just found his voice. There is something about this sound, I can't explain it, but somehow our farm just SOUNDS more authenic, like a real barnyard
smile.png

"Randy" is a Silver Lace Wyandotte, 14.5 weeks old.

Thanks for letting me share!

Okay, I'm jealous. I have a 15 wk old BO that won't even think about crowing. I have a Buff Rock that is at least 6 months old and no crowing. The BR better start doing something, crow or lay, and quick he will be gumbo. His name is gumbo.
lol.png

I totally understand what you are saying!! I have 5 or more adult roos and I think only a few crow. I have a couple young ones that are learning and man do they sound funny. I keep thinking someone has a frog in its throat. Texas, when I name an animal with a food name that is what it becomes.. Ham and Bacon were the last 2 pigs we had. Needless to say when we got ba ba the sheep I would not let my hubby name her lambchops...lol I am not going to eat my kids sheep, actually I would love to find her a friend. Jenn

I just said to DH late this afternoon that I thought that Moe our OEG roo must be G*Y because he is about 18 wks old, eats oyster shell and has yet to crow, maybe he's gender confused.

I thought my Barred Rock, Hawkeye, had a nice full crow, till my Blue Orpington came into his own. That is an unusual, deep, baritone wolf-howl of a crow. It's wild. My Ameraucana sounds more like a game rooster.

Back
Top Bottom