A Topic That's Been Beat to Death.............but still......

I have 7 roos, several of which I raised, I think 3 months was the LATEST any of them began to crow. I love the crowing, but, alas, dh does not. He doesn't hate the sound, it just gets on his nerves when they go on and on and on....

Those of you with non-crowers, do you have older crowing roos? Maybe mine started early because they had older ones to learn from?

I'm the only fool crowing around here. I am trying to teach them.
lau.gif

I have a big buff orp roo and am always amazed at how far the sound of his crowing will carry. We were in the valley a few days ago, about half mile from my house with dense forrest between him and I, and I could still hear his beautiful singing!! I am in the country so the only peace he is disturbing is mine!!

Our BLRW just started crowing this weekend. He's 25 weeks old. We have 4 other roos crowing. He squawked around 19 weeks in an attempt. I guess he figured it was time since all the other guys had something to say. His crow is very deep.

My cuckoo marans took a bit to find his voice - very croaky and crackly before developing into a real crow. The barred rock has a full throaty crow. My dh's little polish, Elvis, he has a higher pitched song-like crow. I can hear all the differences in their crows. My kids think I am a little crazy because I can tell who is crowing when. LOL

I would like to note here that the polish did not crow (that I know of) until we got rid of all the extra cockerals.

When my austrolorpe started (crowing he was about 5 months old), I went to my daughters room (who was 16 months at the time). I thought she had woken up and was crying. Then when I realized it wasn't her, I told my dh something was dying in the woods.
th.gif
It took about 3 days to figure out it was Chester.

I know no one will ever believe this but I have 8 chicks aged 7 weeks. Most of them are Roo's (darn) anyway this mornig at 6:45 AM i heard a very faint crow, and I said to my self "DeeDee you are hearing things"! Low and behold I went outside and there was one of the chicks crowing. Yes you heard me right CROWING. Now it was not a full blown crow, it was the beginning noise they make. He did it 3 times.
I guess I will ahve the name CHER something else now

Back
Top Bottom