A Video Message From Me - Culling Complete - Update on Post #1

hugs.gif

this makes me want to get all my chickens ( or most, since i free range most of them) blood tested for diseases, i dont know how i could kill all my birds though...... can it become dormant in a flock? and is it unsafe to eat an infected bird?

and PC, i feel horrible for you, i am sorry and im sure your chickens would forgive you for what you had to do, and thank you for giving them a proper burrial.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Because of your postings I have changed the way I am hosting my swap next weekend. It's in my south pasture that is furthest from my coop (about an acre away) and where my birds have never been nor will be.

PEOPLE WON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS TILL IT HITS THEM IN THE FACE
i KNOW i HAVE HAD TO DO IT ALSO YRS AGO
FROM NOT CULLING THE oe ROOSTER THAT LIVED IN A CAGE BY HIS SELF THAT i HAD PUT IN SHOW CAGE NEXT TO A SICK dUCCLE

IF i HAD BEEN SMART i WOULD HAVE CULLED HIM THEN AND THERE
BUT BNO i DOCTORED FOR MONTHS AND FINALLY LOST THEM ALL AND GOT SOME OF MY BIRDS BACK FROM A FRIEND i GAVE SEVERAL HUNDRED TO SO HE COULD RUN HIS SHOW STRING

SO WHEN i TELL PEOPLE
i BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT

IT IS NEVER NICE AND SURELY LEAVES A HOLE IN YOUR HEART FROM THE LOSS

sorry for the caps didn't see this till I was done
so sorry for them and for your suffering
any questions email me

PC you are in our thoughts. Even though this must be heartbreaking, you are also providing others with a very important message even though you did not mean to. Since your post, everytime I see a person post about how to integrate a new chicken to their flock, I warn them about quarantining for at least 30 days. You not only have made me more cautious but you have helped me be a better BYC'er when it comes to trying to help others. Sounds corny, but knowledge is power and I hope people will take heed of your situation.

I know how the felling stupid is. While I have not had any problems I brought two birds here for eating & never planed on mixing them with my flock just knowing they could have something & was on my property drove me nuts.

It made me so crazy I will never bring any here again.

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the carcasses had to be burned to prevent the spread of disease. Is that not the case?
hu.gif

Again, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, PC.
sad.png

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the carcasses had to be burned to prevent the spread of disease. Is that not the case?
hu.gif

Again, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this, PC.
sad.png

Not with MG, the organism dies usually within 3 days outside the host.

I have heard/seen enough... from you and Southernbelle... I will always have this in the back of my mind anywhere/everywhere I go.

Thank you both for sharing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Amy

Back
Top Bottom