A Video Message From Me - Culling Complete - Update on Post #1

This is the most heartbreaking thing I've read on BYC. I know you don't want to hear "I'm sorry" but honestly, I am. I'm sorry for you, I'm sorry for your birds. It's a hard lesson to learn so I appreciate you sharing your experience so that others may learn from this. My best wishes to you and I'm hoping you'll find the strength to start again.

What a rotten deal!
hmm.png

At least you can start all over and hope for the best you will not have MG anymore in the flock.

I watched the videos and that was very hard, I cried my eyes out wondering what I would do if it were me. Then I read your update and my heart breaks for you and I'm weeping yet again. I learned so much from this thread and I'm positive that you have saved me from a similar experience. I had heard about biosecurity and knew what not to do but your video made it real. Thank you for sharing and for teaching me a very valuable lesson.

THIS JUST S**KS ALL THE WAY AROUND! My heart goes out to you, this is just so sad. You did your best, and you made a hard decision about not wanting to hurt anyone elses flock. That is a brave thing to do. I am so sorry this heavy burden landed on you, but your friends here will help you all they can.......
hit.gif

Quote:
OMG... my heart sank when I read this... I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing this, though, so that any of us that come across this will know. OMG...

There are no words that I can use to express my sorrow for your loss. I hope from this point forward it is smooth sailing for you.

Thanks for enriching us all.

Oh Don, I'm so sorry. I hadn't seen this before today!
I am going with DS on a field trip to a local farm tomorrow. I'll be using your post as a reminder to take precautions when we get home.

Quote:
I just read this and it said you had your quail tested and they had to be destroyed to do it.. Does this mean you cant get quail tested for this disease with out killing them.. Just wondering..

Also if you buy eggs from infected birds.. How do you know if the chicks are carriers of it.. Should you just put one of your birds in with them to see if your present one gets sick..

Bummer you culled and didnt have to do all of them.. But on the other hand, they may of had it but it didnt register yet because the just caught it. Im so glad you shared your story so others would learn from it.. I didnt even know about this disease until your post. Thank you for educating all of us. But I know there is mucn more to learn..

Thank you
PurpleChicken

Our state lab does necropsies, which requires culling the birds. This
is a much more accurate way of determining things. They could have
just been blood tested but I assumed they were all positive and
was gonna cull anyways.

If you get eggs from infected birds there is no way to tell other
than hatching the chicks, keeping them isolated from your other
birds, and then testing them.

Back
Top Bottom