A warning about shoulder chickens

doomsayer

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
We were out hanging with our chickens. Three of them love to sit on my shoulders. While this is very cool... today... one pecked my eye, stole my contact, and ate it. I'm not sure if I should make it Puke or watch and wait. Everyone else thought it was hilarious.

Well it is funny since you didn't get hurt or end up losing your eye. I don't ever let my chickens near my eyes for that very reason. I doubt your contact will be any good after it is ground around in the gizzard. Won't it be torn up or at least scratched?

Yeah I'm usually pretty careful...i looked over at my daughter and BLAM. I'm not worried about the contact just the chicken. She chastised me for moving her down before she was ready haha

Yeah I'm usually pretty careful...i looked over at my daughter and BLAM. I'm not worried about the contact just the chicken. She chastised me for moving her down before she was ready haha

Was it a soft contact? If so it shouldn't be a problem.

Dang! Is your eye okay? No, it's not safe to put any bird on your shoulder including large parrots who have been known to split lips and noses.

Your chicken should be fine.

Glasses have protected my eyes from a few curious pecks. You should also never smile at a shoulder chicken, as they tend to mistake teeth for corn.

Glasses have protected my eyes from a few curious pecks. You should also never smile at a shoulder chicken, as they tend to mistake teeth for corn.
I was on chicken level once for some reason and I smiled at my chicken...It is very odd to be pecked in the tooth!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom