A watched pullet does not lay....

KDbeads

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
East Central VA
Especially when she has NO clue what she's doing. She's 27 weeks old tomorrow.

She's been in and out of the nest box since last night, up, down, pace, pant, up, down, in, out, pant, screech, up, scratch, down, pant, up, scratch, down.......

I've been checking every half hour or so since 7 this morning, it's like watching someone in labor! I was so hoping to have an egg from her before I left for the afternoon so I would know for sure if she will be laying blue eggs or not (this changes her living arrangements)
barnie.gif
4 of the silkies in the pen have already laid today, leaving one more silkie, my big EE and Neo, the one we are waiting on, an ee/silkie mix. Seven (the EE) is getting really impatient, she wants to hurry up and lay hers as well and of course they all want to use the same box.
This is the little one we were on the fence about for so long, we decided a little while back that it was a her because she just never grew in 'dude' feathers even though her legs are HUGE and she acts like a roo.

Neo:
Couple hours old after I had to hatch her myself
DSCF4507a.JPG

9 weeks old:
DSCF4742a.JPG

16 weeks
DSCF4842a.JPG

24 weeks
IMG_0054a.JPG

I leave in a half hour.... going to check again.....

Last edited:
I finally get home to this.....
IMG_0187a.JPG

Left to right.... Mayhem, Seven, Neo, Freak, all laid today
Banty sized blue egg, her living quarters will not change since I can tell hers apart from the silkies!!

Back
Top Bottom