A Wellie with feathers starting to grow between her toes by her webbing

nakstk

Songster
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Kalama, Washington
I have a almost 6 week old Wellie that is starting to grow feathers between her toes. I find this very odd. I dont think it is supposed to have feathers there is she?
Here she is. Sorry her head is turned she was watching my dog.

Is this normal?

well are you sure they are feathers? because i have belgian d uccles and they have feathers on there feet
to me well i obviously cant see only in the pics you have provided but from what i can see she looks like
she might have mites which are easy to get rid of!
thumbsup.gif

THanks Phoebs, They are really feathers I got my answer on the Wellie forum I posted on because I thought this might have been the wrong one after I already posted here. EweSheep told me "She will have feather stubs and its a serious fault and should not be used for breeding. However enjoy her for egg laying!" Which is fine I have no intentions of breeding any of my chickens.

That is actually not unusual with Welsummers, I'm told. I hatched some from a very reputable breeder in the midwest, not a propagator, but a good breeder. Some of those had the same thing, even some stubs up the sides of the legs. Was told it was something you see on Wellies from time to time, probably from their ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom