A word of thanks :-)

Aug 7, 2020
My unexpected brood is about a month old now. Pretty sure I have two cockerels, because they're redder than their siblings in the comb, but their dad is a SLW and that makes it a bit harder to tell. The darker combed ones have figured out the new roost bar and like to use it. They're definitely not timid.

Anyways, I appreciate the positive feedback I've been getting since joining and after my ramble, thank you!! I will post pics of the suspected boys asap depending on in our weather. 😌

Pretty sure it will. I'm able to pick them up and the others are a solid no I'm running away don't touch me and I haven't treated them any different than the rest of their siblings. I raised my mom's surprise brahma rooster (very late to crow) to be handled easily and he is pretty laid back. I could easily walk around with him if he wasn't so interested in the ladies!! If they're not around he's happy to be having human contact.... and he's the biggest rooster we've ever seen. We have an old Dominique that has probably another year in him and then my Brahma will be introduced to the ladies so he can take over once the Dominique is gone. My mom and I decided to purchase an incubator to have a bit of control over the size of our flock and since the daddy rooster to the current brood is very virile we're going to raise our own instead of TSC or other places because we've had such bad luck with surprise roosters!!

Back
Top Bottom