AAARRGGH...Canine Serial Killer! Help!

not to upset anyone ! but its the neihbors responseabilty to keep there dog on there own property !!! if you have tried talking to them and it didnt help then well its time to handle it yourself ,,,,, remember the 3 S,s Shoot ,Shovel ,Shut up !!!! here where i live we don't tolerate stock killing critters of any kind , its chickens today and cattle tommarow we have laws here that states that any predator domestic or wild that is harresing or causing harm to your person or livestock we have the right to remove or destroy no matter what ! like I said don't mean to up set any one !!!!!!

not to upset anyone ! but its the neihbors responseabilty to keep there dog on there own property !!! if you have tried talking to them and it didnt help then well its time to handle it yourself ,,,,, remember the 3 S,s Shoot ,Shovel ,Shut up !!!! here where i live we don't tolerate stock killing critters of any kind , its chickens today and cattle tommarow we have laws here that states that any predator domestic or wild that is harresing or causing harm to your person or livestock we have the right to remove or destroy no matter what ! like I said don't mean to up set any one !!!!!!

I agree totally! OP is a better person than I! I would have shot once and not thought twice!

Killing domestic dogs is immoral and illegal. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Call animal control.
Actually, most states have laws that specifically permit the shooting of dogs that have "worried livestock".

Under the laws in many states, a dog that has harassed your livestock may be tracked down and shot, so long as it isn't on the owner's property.

As for morality, an unrestrained, untrained dog can be a threat, especially when they start forming packs. Perhaps you could say that you have a moral responsibility to take care of the issue if you can.

I assume all of you live in the USA. I don't, I'm in Australia and it's generally illegal to own a gun, let alone use one. Pain via chili is probably our best bet. The dog has killed animals on its own land and wildlife on ours. I don't think disposing of troublesome stray dogs is immoral by any means. People have the right to keep dogs but we have the right to protect our property.

I assume all of you live in the USA.  I don't, I'm in Australia and it's generally illegal to own a gun, let alone use one.  Pain via chili is probably our best bet.  The dog has killed animals on its own land and wildlife on ours.  I don't think disposing of troublesome stray dogs is immoral by any means.  People have the right to keep dogs but we have the right to protect our property.
Which is why I always recommend knowing your local laws. I just wanted to point out to the person who claimed that killing domestic dogs was illegal that that isn't true in many places.

I still think EF is a better option than pepper but the choice isn't mine to make.

I assume all of you live in the USA.  I don't, I'm in Australia and it's generally illegal to own a gun, let alone use one.  Pain via chili is probably our best bet.  The dog has killed animals on its own land and wildlife on ours.  I don't think disposing of troublesome stray dogs is immoral by any means.  People have the right to keep dogs but we have the right to protect our property.

Wow, hard to believe you can't own a gun in Australia. Is that a new thing? I was recently reading about the feral dog problem there. It sounds VERY serious! Too bad you can't have a gun to protect yourselves. I would go with the electric fence. If pepper did work on those dogs it won't be long before more happen by to kill your birds. And believe me, a pack of dogs can tear into places you would never imagine. Electric fence will protect your birds against most predators, not just dogs.

this is the second thread where people are talking about guns and US vs Aus (right at the moment). Australians can and do have guns, just not the same way we do it here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom