AARRGHH!!! Casualty number... 6? I've lost track...

SandraMort

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
ny
Seriously, I screwed up and I'm trying not to spend all day beating myself up over it. *sigh* I can't seem to remember EVERYTHING! Last night, we moved the ducks to the barn because there was just no other place for them and there's LOTS of room in the barn.

I was so so tired, I remembered to feed everybody. The ducks can eat out of the troughs so I didn't put down extra feeders. They can't drink out of the chick waterer, though, so we put their bowl down along with the baby water bowl.

See where I'm headed? One poor drowned chick. I immediately removed the water bowl when I shooed the ducks out of the barn for the day. I'll move the dog crate to the barn to put the ducks in overnight and put their water in that and block the sides, but I don't know if the birds can fly well enough to get into it via the top. *sigh* I'd say live and learn but apparently not.

I think we're down to 85 or so with something like half a dozen or more missing or miscounted. They're HARD to count!

Aw, I'm sorry about your baby drowning. :aww I hope that's it for your losses and everyone does well for you.

Jody

Sorry about your loss.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom