Abandoned and accepted chick

No, it won't hurt Mom, if it does anything, it will break her from being broody.. chicks will be fine, you'll need to take over the job of making sure they know how to eat and drink.. that part is easy, when I hatch, I'll pick mine up and dip their beaks in the water three or four times a day, the food, I'll dip their beaks in and then put a little on the floor of the brooder and tap at it, like a momma hen would do to encourage them to eat, They get the hang of it after a couple of days. you will also be responsible for making sure they are warm, but I'm sure you already know that.
Yup. Already taught the inside chick to eat and drink. The outside chick has started with the waterer already so she'll be easy as well. Appreciate the help.

:) That's wonderful to hear.. the first time I hatched, I was a wreck trying to teach them, the last few times, I knew if I could get one to eat and drink, they'd play monkey see, monkey do.

:) That's wonderful to hear.. the first time I hatched, I was a wreck trying to teach them, the last few times, I knew if I could get one to eat and drink, they'd play monkey see, monkey do.
This little chick will only come to my voice now. I guess I am the Momma!?

Back
Top Bottom