Abandoned and accepted chick

Hendad3360

In the Brooder
May 19, 2019
We have 2 baby chicks 2 days old. 1 was accepted but the other was pushed out of the nest and even pecked on. We brought her inside. Should we bring the other chick inside as well?

We have 2 baby chicks 2 days old. 1 was accepted but the other was pushed out of the nest and even pecked on. We brought her inside. Should we bring the other chick inside as well?
because they get lonely and want someone around, I would bring the other little one in.. they can keep each other company, do you know why it was pushed out of the nest?

because they get lonely and want someone around, I would bring the other little one in.. they can keep each other company, do you know why it was pushed out of the nest?
Not sure. This is the 2nd rejected chick. We couldn't save the first one because we just didn't see her in time.

I'd get the other end, it sounds like the momma might be having issues, sometimes there might be something wrong with the chick and other times I've read where the momma just goes kinda nuts.

I'd get the other end, it sounds like the momma might be having issues, sometimes there might be something wrong with the chick and other times I've read where the momma just goes kinda nuts.
Thanks! Gonna go get the other chick now. They are the same age so all is good.

Stuffed animal doesn't make noise, peck or heck even move around. A live friend is better if the person is able to.
Waiting out the downpour. Then gonna get the friend. Will this adversely affect the momma hen?

No, it won't hurt Mom, if it does anything, it will break her from being broody.. chicks will be fine, you'll need to take over the job of making sure they know how to eat and drink.. that part is easy, when I hatch, I'll pick mine up and dip their beaks in the water three or four times a day, the food, I'll dip their beaks in and then put a little on the floor of the brooder and tap at it, like a momma hen would do to encourage them to eat, They get the hang of it after a couple of days. you will also be responsible for making sure they are warm, but I'm sure you already know that.

Back
Top Bottom