Abandoned duck needing a home

animallover94

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 17, 2010
Beaverton
Hi all,

I have a bit of a predicament and was hoping for some input/advice. So last night a got a phone call from a friend who told me that some neighbor kids in his parents' neighborhood had recently pooled their money together to purchase a duckling to have as a pet. The kids had apparently done this without their parents' knowledge and once their parents found out, they promptly told the kids that they would have to get rid of the duck.

Currently, the duck is living in a small kennel at my friend's parents' house until the whole thing gets sorted out. Given my current living situation, I am unable to take in this stray duck and properly care for it. I tried calling our local feed store to see if they would be willing to take it in and re-home it but they turned me down. I'm not really sure where to turn at this point because obviously this duck can't just be released and fend for himself. Any suggestions?

Thank you everyone.

There are local buy/sell/trade groups for poultry on Facebook, I would start there. Considering I've never heard of Beaverton, I don't think I'm local to you at all(If I was, I'd help them out!)! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom