Abandoned Ducks. No Idea whatsoever X.x

Ah ok. I'll do that
smile.png

And they must be wood ducks....is there anything special I should know about them? I mean...not to sound mean, but what's so great about them? I'm very ignorant when it comes to ducks XD

Wood Ducks are Beautiful!!! My hubby only agreed that I can get a bator if I try and find some Woods for it. He is from SC and needless to say we dont have them here. Good luck keep us posted

Quote:
th.gif
Well you can't leave us hanging...what do you think happened? Did you ever get the gamebird feed for them?

Shelly

No idea. My hubby checked on them late last night when he got up to get a bottle for our 5 month old, and one of them was dead. He didn't tell me this morning because I was in such a good mood. But then I went in to check on them, and the other one was already gone. We don't know what happened...they were seperated from the other chicks, because our chick roo would pick on them, they were under the heat lamp, it was a good temperature in there, they had plenty of water and food...I just don't know. I have such a soft spot for animals of every kind...I cried for the better part of 20 minutes because I couldn't save them. Now I feel like I failed.

The food won't arrive until tomorrow. *Sigh*

That is a shame. I am so sorry for you.
hugs.gif
Things like this happen sometimes. There is a possibility that it was the medicated feed. Just FYI. Some birds are more subsceptible to it than others. You just never know. On the other hand, maybe the mom dumped them because there was something wrong with them. You don't know with "found" animals what they've been through before you got them.

It sounds like you will really miss them. Do I see more baby duckies in your future??
wink.png
Please don't beat yourself up over this. You could have done everything perfect and still lost them. It happens.
hugs.gif

Shelly

I just still feel so bad...I used to volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary, and have nursed back otters, hawks, foxes, even the odd bald eagle. never done anything with ducks, but I thought I would be able to help a duck if I could save an eagle!

So it's just a blow to my ego and maternal instincts x.x

PhoenixRin don't feel bad. I'm sure you did everything possible for those babies. Ducks are pretty hardy so it's nothing you did or didn't do. Please do not beat yourself up over it. I know it's hard. You did a great job and I am so sorry you had to go through this.

Back
Top Bottom