abandoned eggs

des7598

Chirping
Aug 2, 2019
Campbell
so my uncle has Guinea fowl, and they are in a penned area. He keeps finding nests of eggs but no one is sitting on them. sometimes he will find an egg here or there and adds it to the pile. While I have no issue incubating them.. Why are the hens not laying on the nests? and why are they not nesting in the coop? I currently have 95 from the first 114 eggs (8/5) and 32 today from a nest. and what the heck am I going to do with all these keets when they hatch? lol

so my uncle has Guinea fowl, and they are in a penned area. He keeps finding nests of eggs but no one is sitting on them. sometimes he will find an egg here or there and adds it to the pile. While I have no issue incubating them.. Why are the hens not laying on the nests? and why are they not nesting in the coop? I currently have 95 from the first 114 eggs (8/5) and 32 today from a nest. and what the heck am I going to do with all these keets when they hatch? lol
Not all guinea hens will go broody. Guineas prefer hidden nest sites and also prefer that their nests are not bothered by anyone or anything. They probably are not nesting in the coop because they do not find the available nest areas attractive.

If you don't know what to do with the keets that you are hatching, stop incubating the eggs.

thank you for the feedback, I will let my uncle know. As for incubating we do not intend to continue incubating, we just wondered if there was a good site or place that we could use to advertise keets or even just the eggs.

thank you for the feedback, I will let my uncle know. As for incubating we do not intend to continue incubating, we just wondered if there was a good site or place that we could use to advertise keets or even just the eggs.
Unless you are NPIP certified and provide the proper paperwork, you are limited to in state sales. Use whatever local advertising that you have available such as your local craigslist. Some local (not chain) feed stores maintain a bulletin board where their customers may place ads. Some local radio stations have swap program where local items may be advertised on air.

Personally, I give my excess eggs away for eating but charge for them if people want them as hatching eggs. Word of mouth has sold many guineas for me.

Back
Top Bottom