Abandoned Mallard Baby Info

juniverse

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Hi guys, I have an abandoned Baby Mallard Duckling. We can't locate the mother and we are concerned about giving her to another. We took good care of her by providing water and a calm place to lay in with very mild heat. She's been sleeping well under towels she nestled under. But of course we cannot keep her because she's a wild duck. Is there a number we can call to have her picked up and cared for by professionals?

Thanks for any help.

Hi guys, I have an abandoned Baby Mallard Duckling. We can't locate the mother and we are concerned about giving her to another. We took good care of her by providing water and a calm place to lay in with very mild heat. She's been sleeping well under towels she nestled under. But of course we cannot keep her because she's a wild duck. Is there a number we can call to have her picked up and cared for by professionals?

Thanks for any help.
You may have to contact someone in your area, fish and wild life and maybe they will know someone who does rehab for lost and abandoned ducklings. Do you have have a water fowl rescue in your area? they may take in the duckling, so sweet of you to foster it till you can hand it over. Another duck will not accept a duckling if not it's own.

Hi there. Thanks for the clarification. I guess it is illegal to raise it. But I just want to keep it safe until the proper authorities can raise her. :-( Poor gal.

But she's sleeping really well and we let her go for a short swim in the tub. We were really careful not to touch her or disturb her. :)

Hi there. Thanks for the clarification. I guess it is illegal to raise it. But I just want to keep it safe until the proper authorities can raise her. :-( Poor gal.

But she's sleeping really well and we let her go for a short swim in the tub. We were really careful not to touch her or disturb her. :)
Let us know when you find someone to care for the duckling.

I called the Orange Lake Forest Orange County Bird of Prey Center, and they don't accept taking animals in! They said call Animal Control. But Animal Control would euthanize her! How unfair! I will try to call others.

Back
Top Bottom