Abandoned rooster, what should i look for Pics added

My guess is he's fine and seperation is up to you. I can evaluate birds pretty well and most times I don't have to quantine but it's a personal choice if your not sure.

Quote:
Ok, should I decide to put him out there...
How do i do it so Roopert wont attack him?

Quote:

Just don't freak out first off, and just stand a good distance away and watch them, they may or may not scrap but they will work it out, let them do their thing. It is still totally up to you whether to do that or not, this could continue for a few day's but they may work it out and one will be the boss and the other will play the part of the wimp, no problem.

Quote:

Just don't freak out first off, and just stand a good distance away and watch them, they may or may not scrap but they will work it out, let them do their thing. It is still totally up to you whether to do that or not, this could continue for a few day's but they may work it out and one will be the boss and the other will play the part of the wimp, no problem.

Alright, im going to wait a little bit just to be double sure hes not got anything, and then ill put him out and see what happens.
Thanks for the advice
big_smile.png

Quote:
x2 a bird can look perfectly healthy and still be carrying an illness. Respiratory illness could be a huge concern for the rest of your flock. keep him separate and take care of him last in order to not bring germs over to your own birds. Also, kudos for having such a kind heart and taking him in. I cannot understand how people can abandon an animal. What jerks!

Quote:
x2 a bird can look perfectly healthy and still be carrying an illness. Respiratory illness could be a huge concern for the rest of your flock. keep him separate and take care of him last in order to not bring germs over to your own birds. Also, kudos for having such a kind heart and taking him in. I cannot understand how people can abandon an animal. What jerks!

Good advice.............. more so when folks aren't real sure of their chicken abilities it is allways safer to air on the side of caution.

Poor rooster. He's not an EE. His legs are yellow overlaid with a dusky wash of color, making them appear greenish, but he isn't an EE at all, though they can have any color leg, but don't usually have yellow legs plus a single comb. Not really sure what he is, maybe Phoenix mixed with something, hard to say.

At least he is young, less than a year, no scaly leg mites, a real plus. Hopefully, you'll find he's a healthy guy and have yourself a nice rooster after the 30 day quarantine.

OMG he looks EXACTLY like the one we had come up and take residence on our property!! SEE BELOW.....

Funny...our stray rooster, Rocky, is what got us into chickens.....He is still the MAIN MAN of the roost....HE WILL NEVER EVER be replaced...our homes is his FOREVER....that's how grateful we are for him introducing us to the world of poultry. We have about 100 chickens now. He is kept in the area close to our house, with about 25 hens. My fiance has a pen a ways off from our house with the rest, they are all BO's.

Good luck! And, I just love to hear stories like yours. Take good care of him, and introduce him to a life fit for a king......exactly what he deserves....

60664_201108191031281.jpg

60664_201108191031241.jpg

I was told he looked like an ee Road island red cross?
Either way he is gorgeous, loud, but very well natured.
He is not pleased with the power outage though, and randomly lets us know threw out the day >.>
Lol, our buff orphington roo can hear him crowing from our basment and they have crowing wars haha.
Also if his legs are yellow, why are they spotted with green? Is it an infection of some sort?

Back
Top Bottom