Abilene Texas Poultry Show - March 29

Quote:
Just keep in mind that you must have a permit from the TAHC to sell birds off of your property (in Texas). Even at that we found out that they don't even want to have us sell them at shows unless Everybody at the show has a permit. We kind of got in trouble at the Bluebonnet Classic for this. We all know that it is stupid but it is a law now that the commercial people got it passed.

If you are discrete nobody is going to mess with you. What I do is enter the birds in the show and then sell them out of the show coops. This way we are also helping the club out.

Bob

Mostly Modern game bantams, a couple of Crele OE. I have 24 birds entered and 20 of them are for sale. Most of my birds are in the breeding pens but I have a couple that have done well at Ft Worth and La Grange so I will be taking them. Tracey Hill is not that fond of my style of moderns but you can't win them all.
I like most of the people at the Abilene club and the drive is nice, even if it is 4 1/2 hours.
Bob

It was a small show but it was a good one as always by the Abilene club. There were under 200 birds by 19 exhibitors. We were out of there and at a Mexican Food restaurant by noon.

Don Houghton had Grand Champion on a dark cornish hen
I had Reserve Champ on a BB Red Modern cockerll
Dan Dykes had best OE on a Blue Wheaton and Best RCCL on a Golden Sebrite.
I believe Sam Brush had Champion LF on his Black Sumatra
Thats about all I can remember

Bob

Back
Top Bottom