Abnormal poop?

@KsKingBee i need help she was lazy today with her neck henched backwards with her body and her poop looks like this is this cocci i am giving her metronidazole
please answer *all* questions.
How much does she weigh?
How much metronidazole are you giving her?
Are you metronidazole orally?
Can you get enrofloxacin (Baytril)?
Can you get toltrazuril (Baycox)?
Do you know how to tube feed?

Will a machine used to measure human weight work for her? If it does then i can weigh her. I have enrofloxacin at home. I can check the market tomorrow for baycox. I give less then a half pill in bread, too times a day. I did read a few threads about tube feeding here. I still need to learn how to do it.

A human scale might work. Weigh yourself first, then weigh yourself holding her. The difference in the two weights is her weigh, but it's not likely to be very accurate. Would be best if you could purchase a food scale.

What type of enrofloxacin do you have? Liquid or pills? How many mg?
How many mg of metronidazole are you giving?

A human scale might work. Weigh yourself first, then weigh yourself holding her. The difference in the two weights is her weigh, but it's not likely to be very accurate. Would be best if you could purchase a food scale.

Ill see if i can purchase one. I have liquid enrofloxacin. I gave it to my peacock for some respiratory disease and it worked well. The floxacin is 100 ml and the flagyl im using for her is 400 mg.

How man mg in one ml? 25, 50, or 100?

400 mg is way too much for a small bird. The max dose is 50 mg per kg twice a day. Too much metronidazole can cause seizures and death.
I can check a pharmacy for some other mg flagyl dont think i will be able to find any. My peacock had bh once he got better with the same mg flagyl. giving her the same amount. My peacocks weight was 2 kg but i used the human scale.

Back
Top Bottom