? about laying

Mkostos

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
I just added 4 pullets to my flock. The seller said 3 of them had just started laying within the past month. They get along with my 3 hens very well so far.

No egss last night. When can I expect to see eggs?

Moving hens to a new location is very stressful for them. They need time to get used to their new surroundings, not to mention their new flock. Give them time...they'll start laying again soon.

Moving hens to a new location is very stressful for them. They need time to get used to their new surroundings, not to mention their new flock. Give them time...they'll start laying again soon.
X 2 - factor in that they are new layers and were likely still working out a regular laying pattern AND the stress of the move and you have a double whammy impact to their laying. Also, you may find that the addition of new flock members might cause your hens to go "off" for a bit as well - having new birds move in with them is just as much a stressor as moving was to the new birds.

I wouldn't expect eggs for at least a couple of weeks. Moving birds is stressful, and stress will stop birds from laying. They'll lay again when they become used to their new enviroment and feel more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom