About shipping eggs all wrapped in bubble-wrap

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
I've read about how eggs need oxygen all through incubation and hatching.

What about shipping them wrapped thickly in plastic airless bubble-wrap?

Does that not cause problems, or is the need for oxygen later when the chick is forming?

Right, they haven't started developing yet, so it doesn't hurt for them to be wrapped up for a short time.
thumbsup.gif

~Rebecca

I've received wrapped in bubble wrap and that crazy unrippable tape wrapped around as if the danged thing was going to ESCAPE.. I'd be surprised if more are not damaged trying to UNwrap them than in shipment!
But today I received a large box of two varieties of quail eggs. This guy had put some of those peanuts in the bottom and simply wrapped each egg in a piece of newspaper (surrounded by more little balls of newspaper) I was amazed that only ONE was cracked.. (there are 80+) and he hadn't even marked on the outside of the box 'FRAGILE' or ANYTHING. Isn't that crazy? Oh, the one line on the outside of the box was "DO NOT RETURN". lol

Here in NW Mo.

Wow
I bubble wrap every egg. put paper bottom waded up make sure no eggs are touching each other even bubble wraped they cant touch no break I hope. had 2 broken so far in all the eggs I sold.

Last edited:
I use bubblewrap, the heavy duty kind usually, but I use masking tape top and bottom and they are not airtight-there's always a tiny opening on one end or both. I'm not at all sure that matters since I have received eggs wrapped up tighter and they've hatched just fine.

Back
Top Bottom