About to hatch...

brianb88

Chirping
10 Years
Jan 21, 2011
Iuka, MS
..my new chicken coop and run. I'm ready to get started and my 4 yr old son is havin' a fit to build the chicken coop. Maybe I shouldda waited to tell him...he cant wait.

I'm planning on having 3-5 Red s-x-link (red stars) hens and a rooster. But that is not definite. My plan is for egg layers mainly and maybe later to harvest a few hens.

Just wanted to say howdie to everybody in the BYC. This place has the best info on chickens I've found anywhere.

Hello
frow.gif
from Hesperia, Ca and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I'm just getting started with my henhouse and my coop. I've found alot of answers here that have been very helpful and encouraging.

I "broke ground" today on my henhouse. I didnt have alot of time to work on it but I did manage to get my 4x4 posts set and my floor down. I'm building a 4x5 henhouse with a laying box on the outside. Hopefully I will have some pics soon.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to put in your profile where you are from?? I know this must be a dumb question but I just dont see it on the profile page. I guess this is also the wrong place to ask but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

welcome-byc.gif
from your neighbor in Glen, Mississippi.
In the blue bar at the top of the page there is a link that says "Profile". Just click it then look at the "Profile Menu" on the left of the screen, click what you want to add and it'll let you list all kinds of stuff. I think you might have to have a certain number of posts before you can post pictures, but until you get enough you can email me any pictures you need posted and I'll post them for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom