about to incubate for 1st time, when do i...

I am a newbie however I have battled it out with a Little Giant Incubator for 24 DAYS offically in a school environment. I left both red plugs in until hatching. The temperature was hard enough to regulate without worry of those vents. I am hatching now and I have only removed one in order to keep up my humidity. I only added water every other day to the bator. My humidity could have been higher at beginning of hatch . It has caused a late hatch I believe. That was just my experience though. Def not an expert. If you leave them in it will help regulate your temp. At the end I used them closed to raise humidity open to vent humidty. I ended up having to add wet sponges to get the bator humid enough though.

Hope that helps!!!

I take them out once I start getting pips.
smile.png

Good luck!

~Scissor

Quote:
WE dont have a humidity gauge, this is a borrowed LG; but it has been very stable on the temp if I just keep my finger off the dial, period, letting it stabilize for several hours once you reach the idea temp helps. So anyway I am going strictly by the instructions, and what I was told (and have seen happen) is that if you keep the little troughs full, you'll be fine. I am worried about the air vents, but I think that probably following the standard instructions in the manual, which says to take them both out during lockdown, is the best way to go in my case. WE are in day one of lockdown.
fl.gif
After this is over, I'm relying on our broodies...there are three out there and much easier to let them worry about it and deal with the problems...I figure they know better than I.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom