About to lay?

davecash

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
kaintucky
my pheonix banty hen is laying on the nest and all of the other chickens are gathered around her.. she doesnt move for anything.. i hope she is about to lay.. is this a sign?

I can bet it will happen soon. I had never seen any of mine in the nestboxes until last week and Friday we got our first egg
smile.png

Oh yeah, she's either about to lay one now or she's getting the feel of the nest box. give her some time alone though, I have some new layers that sit in the box of over an hour before they lay the egg.

Edited: I just realized this thread was started yesterday. Did she lay one?

Last edited:
I'm sure she's going to lay soon if she's checking out the nest boxes. Give her time, it's coming. How old are they?

Quote:
Hey Dave, We have the same situation here waiting for the first egg. The last 4 days there has been the same nest box all messed up. I fix it and after work its messy again. I predict that will be where the first egg appears. I also have one that began getting very vocal this today......Any of yours do that too? I think i heard that is also a sign. How old are they?

Our Phoenix hen layed her first egg today. Last week she tried out the nestbox one time for 45 minutes and was quite vocal about it, but no egg until today. She is the only chicken we have that lays white eggs, so I know for sure it is from her.

Did she lay yet? I think my Phoenix hen has been laying cream tinted eggs, and I thought the Dorking was laying little white ones on the ground. Maybe I have it backwards, since Hellebore's lays white....hmmmmm:rolleyes:
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom