about to set 10 silkie eggs tonight....i need a hatching buddy

XxB0rd3rsxX10

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2011
i have hatched eggs before but never shiped eggs so im worried. i heard it was hard to hatch shiped eggs and silkies. my eggs arived yesterday and they have been siting out for 20 hrs now and i would really like someone to join me. dosent matter what breed it is as long as you are hatching, all is welcome.
smile.png

thanks

I have seen a few posts about a hatching buddy - what is that? Just someone to commiserate with along the way?
smile.png

its when a group of people are hatching eggs around the same time just so they can get advice from each other and tell everyone how the eggs are doing. its like a hatch-a-long. and towards the end people post pics of the chicks that they just hatched out. if any one would hatch out any then they would ask what went wrong and how to fix it
big_smile.png
it really fun to hatch with some else

Oh I LOVE that idea! A "hatch-a-long" - sort of like my "Master Mind" groups I have for my business and speaking career.

That would just make it a lot more fun. I look forward to the day I have MY hatching buddies!

I am in another hatching group for my first 12 eggs but since I am a glutton for punishment I have just set another 12. I am also a horrible hatching buddy but like the other group I can but try again.
smile.png

These 12 eggs are all silkies. Hopefully they will be some nice birds if I can manage to hatch them!
roll.png

Quote:
ya i heard silkies were harder to hatch too. is that true?

These two hatches are my first Silkies (of the first 12 eggs 6 are Silkies) so I don't know if they are harder to hatch or if people want them to hatch so much that things get fine tuned too much/often. For me so far the one egg I can never hatch is a D'Anver. I've gone though 24 eggs of the things (six at a time) and not a single chick. They were some really nice eggs too with very good bloodlines. It's enough to make a grown woman cry.
hit.gif
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom