Absolutely furious - neighbor's dogs killed my birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF YOU SHOOT THE DOGS ,YOU WILL NOT GET INTO TROUBLE . TAKE PICTURES OF THE DEAD DOGS ON YOUR PROPERTY WITH THE DEAD CHICKENS AND CALL THE HUMANE SOCIETY. THEY WILL TRY TO LOCATE THE DOG OWNERS AND CHARGE THE FOR YOUR DANAGE . THEY WILL ALSO HELP YOU FIGURE HOW MUCH YOU SHOULD BE PAID . GOOD LUCK WV LEIPERS JESUS SAVES

WV LEIPERS SORRY ABOUT THE WORDING FORGOT TO DOUBLE CHECK HOPE EVERYTHING ENDS WELL PEACE BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND ALL CHICKEN LOVERS

Okay. Here's some pictures of my birds. The 2 with the wounds are the ones that died later. The last picture is of my little rooster. He seems to be doing okay so I am hoping for the best with him. I haven't lost any more, thankfully. I am going over to talk to my neighbor tonight when she gets home from work. I am going to ask $125 for the 5 dead birds and see what happens. I just hope that she doesn't let those dogs run loose anymore.

Wow. That 4th picture is horrifying - how long did she survive with that wound?

Gorgeous birds. Sorry for your loss. I hope your neighbor does the right thing, and LEARNS SOMETHING!!!!!

To iheartnh, she only lasted a few hours. She was still drinking water on her own but there must have been more injuries than what met the eye. The one in the first picture died the following morning. I talked to my neighbor and she agreed to pay what I asked. She did tell me she would have to make it in payments and I'm okay with that. She also told me that her daughter came and got the dogs because they were actually hers and that the brown one "mysteriously" died that night. I'm pretty sure I know how the brown one died. At least they are not around anymore to get into anything. She does still have 2 dogs but these are house dogs and I haven't had any trouble with them yet and I'm hoping after all of this I won't have any trouble with them. Thank you everyone for the advice and help. Anymore suggestions on how to critter proof my coop and run?

Hot wire. I have one single strand around the base of my coop/run/pasture, about 8 inches off the ground. I cannot tell you how many dogs, including my own, have come sniffing around my pens, checking out my chickens, and been zapped. It only takes once. It also works for any other critter that comes sniffing around. Most predators will take a cursory sniff around the perimeter of a pen if they are looking to get in.

Okay. Here's some pictures of my birds. The 2 with the wounds are the ones that died later. The last picture is of my little rooster. He seems to be doing okay so I am hoping for the best with him. I haven't lost any more, thankfully. I am going over to talk to my neighbor tonight when she gets home from work. I am going to ask $125 for the 5 dead birds and see what happens. I just hope that she doesn't let those dogs run loose anymore.
Poor things!! I hope they do pay you that. Their dog best not even think about walking in your yard again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom