Accepting the poop

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Javamama, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    How quick did you reach the point where you could say "it's just chicken poo" and wash it off and forget about it? I reached it pretty quickly - like the first day. DH has a way to go yet. [​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG]

Ya, I was able to get over it right away. When I was a kid we played with ducks and chickens everyday. Crawling on the lawn in their poo. My DH and boys, another story!

3. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Amazingly quickly. I'm so ok with it that when the "big girls" (the 2.5 months old) do it on me when I try to hold them, I just look at them and say, that's not enough to make me put you down, nice try though! and i let them all free range so the poo is in the shed by my motorcycle, on the deck...all over. i just wait for it to dry and sweep away. at this rate, I might be ready for my human babies' puke!

4. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I still get grossed out by it. Probably always will.

5. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    Before I got them lol. After kids....chicken poo is nothing!

6. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Just don't like the real stinky stuff, like BROODY POOP!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel like dying when I get a whiff of that junk!!!!!!!!!!
    Other wise, I am fine.

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I don't have kids, so never went through kid poo....chicken poo is pretty gross, until dry, at least to me. The "regular" poos I can deal with, but the CECAL ones....YECH! Stinky, gross.....YECH! But, it comes with the chickens, so I deal! [​IMG]

8. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    I would have to agree that my kids have conditioned me to expect some nasty stuff - way worse than a chicken and usually on my new furniture!

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Quote:Yup...fine with anything other than cecal poos [​IMG] I'm glad dogs aren't like chickens!

10. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I've never haad a problem with it, but it kind of freaks out my granddaughter. [​IMG]

We free-range a lot too, so there's some here or there in the grass. They haven't been coming up on our deck (yet), so that's not a problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by