Accidental incubation error with emu eggs

iatrics

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2024
Hello all! This is my first post here, though i have been a reader for quite sometime now!

So my question pertains to accidentally over incubating emu eggs at 100 degrees roughly for the first 20 days of incubation. I have hatched tons of different feathered friends and MOST tend to be around that range, so i did not figure it would be an issue. I now have discovered my error and that 96-97.5 is ideal.

The incubator has now been adjusted, however i am curious if anyone has heated Emu specifically that much over ideal incubation temperature for that long of a time. If so, did you have success with your hatch? If so do you feel it greatly impacted your hatch rate?

I have in the past (when i was a teen and had a very cheap incubator) incubated quail over temperature and they turned out to actually somehow have a decent hatch rate. I have 2 (not cheap) emu eggs and i am hoping for a miracle with them! Definitely a learning experience as i have never raised emu before.

Thanks in advance for your response's everyone!

:welcome Good luck. Hope that all goes well and your eggs hatch.
Thank you very much! I have hatched peafowl, ducks, quail, chickens, turkeys emus are a first tho! Fingers crossed they come out despite the temperature error at first!

Back
Top Bottom