Accidental incubation, screaming and traumatized child trying to make egg sandwich

Dec 16, 2021
Sooo...the title might cover it. We are the ones that had a rooster this whole time and didn't know it šŸ¤£ (see previous post). So my sister calls me the other day and I can hear my 11 year old niece screaming in the background. She was trying to make an egg sandwich and cracked open...a not done baby chick. ("I'm sorry, God!" she kept saying, poor thing!)

So here is the deal- this probably was one they got from us. That had been refrigerated at our house. We have learned you can eat the eggs that have been fertilized and won't know the difference. They keep their eggs out on the counter next to the oven...so I am guess the heat was enough to incubate?

They have more eggs, possibly a half dozen. We are afraid. If they do hatch...because what else can we do now...are they going to be ok? With no prenatal care I am picturing the chicken from Moana hatching at this point.

Any advice is clearly helpful as we have no idea what we are doing here!

PS all our other chickens are fine. I want to get rid of the rooster but my husband has unfortunately bonded with it. Like, I wouldn't be surprised to see them having a beer and chatting about the game.

Thank you all! As it turns out- by brother in law informed me they were not our eggs but some he got elsewhere. Which makes us feel better that we didnt traumatize my niece, but the mystery of which market sold him those remains....(my niece has since recovered from the shock and is now laughing about it)
Did he accidentally buy balut eggs? Not sure how common they are or if they're clearly labeled

Back
Top Bottom